CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM BestCare Home Care
At BestCare Homecare, the health and safety of our clients, clinicians, caregivers, and members of the communities which we serve are always our top priority. Older adults and people with serious chronic medical conditions are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19.
We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the Coronavirus. For these reasons and many others, BestCare Homecare has taken the following proactive measures to keep our clients and staff healthy while continuing to provide the best possible care.
- We are continuously monitoring and following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), the latest guidance for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Our management team, supervisors, clinicians, and caregivers are well trained and educated on COVID-19, including its symptoms, reporting procedures and protocols, proper infection control, and hygiene.
- We are proactively and constantly assessing transmission risks to clients, clinicians, and caregivers and have screening tools in place for risk assessment and protocols in placement when a risk is identified.
- We have advised all our clients to report to us any changes of condition in their health status so we can assist them in getting the right care.
- We have also advised our elderly and at-risk clients to follow CDC guidance for those who are at higher risk, which includes: avoiding crowds, staying at home as much as possible, good hand hygiene, avoid touching your face, cleaning and disinfecting your home, stocking up on supplies (we recommend having 14 days of groceries and household items), extra medication, as well as over the counter medicines and medical supplies (including tissues and a thermometer) to treat fever and other symptoms.
- We are in close contact with care providers and regional health departments.
- Our entire BestCare Homecare team is committed to providing the highest quality of care for you and your loved one during this challenging period. The most important thing that we can do is to help control the spread of COVID-19 and care for one another. For important updates, please consult the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. If you have any questions or need care for you or your loved one, please contact us at (301)337-6865.
Thank you for placing your trust in BestCare Homecare.